|Click images for larger view
|New Baby Calf
Ridge View Ranch Bed & Breakfast is a place where you can spend quality time experiencing
the natural beauty of a country ranch. We invite you and your children to enjoy
nature, experience seeing cattle and their calves, deer, wild turkey, jackrabbits,
range birds, mallard ducks, and perhaps do some catch and release fishing at the
Longoria Lake or Walker Pond.
The Longoria Lake and Walker Pond have been stocked with Bass, Perch, Sunfish, Catfish
and Tilapia fish. Fishing poles are available and may be checked out on a first
come basis. Guests provide their own bait.
Guests are welcome to sit under large, old oak trees, see different views of the countryside,
watch the cattle graze in the front pasture, see range birds of many types, feed
the mallard ducks, read a book from the Ranch Library, or just enjoy the serenity
of the countryside. Guests are welcome to bring their own kites and enjoy flying
Activities that our guests enjoy the most:
- Enjoy the country serenity and scenic views from our porches and the veranda
- Catch and release fishing at the Longoria Lake and Walker Pond
- Watch the cattle graze, read a book from our Ranch Library
- Visit and shop at antique and one of a kind stores in the neighboring towns
- See the historical homes and visit the museums in Cuero, Goliad, Hallettsville, Shiner, Victoria, Yoakum, Yorktown
- Visit the brewery in Shiner
- Visit the old country dance halls in the area
- Enjoy eating at our area restaurants
- Enjoy a movie at the Victoria Mall or the theater in Hallettsville
- Enjoy our library of books, various board games, puzzles, variety of card games
- Drive around and see the countryside - many country roads to wander through, enjoy the ranches and farm scenery and visit very old churches and cemeteries
- Weather permitting - enjoy flying kites at the ranch
|What guests are saying about
Ridge View Ranch Bed & Breakfast
|"Weather - high 60's to
low 80's. Lots of clouds - pretty white, puffy ones.
Visited and reminisced, sat on porch - dozed. Went
into Cuero - drove around looking at old houses.
Stomped around in an antique store - left empty
handed. Oh yes! Also, went to Wal-Mart".
Emma Maye F., Katy, Texas
|"Thanks so much for sending
me the pictures. I was able to open the files. Marjorie
and I both agreed that we want to come back and
enjoy again the serenity of sitting on your front
porch. I also enjoyed walking around your ranch
at dusk and hearing all the frogs singing in the
pond. Now, whenever I see a cow in a field while
driving down a highway, I remember the peacefulness
of our stay at your B&B. Thanks for your hospitality.
Janie K., Austin, Texas
PS... I made migas for my husband using your recipe--they